Enjoy for a delicious breakfast treat
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 5 mins
TOTAL TIME 15 mins
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2cups unsweetened almond milk (or any other variety of milk)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
Maple syrup, for serving
Fruit, for serving
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the yogurt and stir.
3. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray it well with nonstick cooking spray. Working in batches, spoon a quarter cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake and cook just until bubbles form around the edges of each pancake, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 90 seconds more. Transfer the pancakes to a warm plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
4. Serve the pancakes topped with maple syrup and fruit.
5. Surplus mix can be frozen for another time!